Marital Separation Agreement -Valid in All States.
Click on a document, Open the Questionnaire, and
insert your answers. You may save your answers and return as often as you like.
You can then decide whether you want to purchase. After you finish, you can
print immediately, or export to MS Word or other RTF word processor. See How It Works for more information.
Marital Separation Agreement - $39.00
A marital separation agreement, also known as a property settlement
agreement, or marital settlement agreement, is simply a written contract
dividing your property, spelling out your rights, as well as settling problems
such as alimony and custody. When executed and witnessed properly, it is an
enforceable contract between the parties, but is not in itself an undertaking to
become divorced. Most parties ultimately do file for divorce, at which time an
Agreement would be "incorporated" into the eventual divorce judgment.
Our Marital Separation Agreement is state-specific. It is a
comprehensive agreement that provides many choices, whether you have
children or no children. Here is a partial list of sample clauses:
- a spouse’s right to alimony and support;
- who resides in the home;
- the ownership and use of vehicles and other property;
- the ownership of personal property;
- a division of household goods and furnishings;
- a division of cash, bank accounts, IRA’s, etc.;
- insurance coverage;
- the custody and visitation of the children;
- the support of the children (including clothing, activities,
school fees, etc.);
- the payment of medical expenses;
- the payment of credit cards;
- the payment of mortgage, utility and household bills; and
- whether joint or separate tax returns will be filed.
Always included when you purchase one of our Smart Legal Forms:
- Access to your own MyLegalAffairs secure web account where you can store copies of your documents online securely;
- Try Before You Buy - No Hidden Charges or Fees;
- State specific form language;
- 100% SmartLegalForms.com Guarantee;
- Ability to edit your legal form at any time;
- Ability to print your legal form instantly after document assembly;
- Automated checks of your data entries;
- Help screens to help you answer every question correctly;
- Step-by-step instructions, in addition to your assembled form, to help you file or execute your documents correctly;
- The ability to purchase legal advice from our
network of virtual law firms for a modest fee;
- Free legal information and technical assistance by email or telephone;
- Receive a full credit of your purchase towards a
Legal Forms Access Plan if you upgrade within 30 days of purchase.
Find an Online Lawyer