Certificate of Formation (LLC) - New York
Use this form to create a limited liability company (LLC) in your state. Included are specific instructions on where to file including required filing fees.
You can use this form as a guide to either (1) file on-line directly with the state agency, or (2) send by mail directly to the state. State filing fees are additional.
Most states now accept on-line filing. See our chart that lists states that accept free online filing of Articles of Incorporation or Certificates or Organization for a Limited Liability Company.
A Limited Liability Company, or LLC, is a business entity created which has the characteristics of both a corporation and a partnership. An LLC enables the owner or the members to pass income through to their personal tax returns. You can organize either a one-member LLC, or a multi-member LLC. An LLC has the following advantages:
- LLCs are easy to organize and maintain;
- Members are insulated from the debts of an LLC, just like a corporation;
- Income and losses can be passed through to members as in a sole proprietorship or partnership;
- LLCs are more informal in terms of maintenance;
- An LLC can have very flexible management and you can structure ownership in different ways. For example, you can have a Managing Member who gets a certain level of income and profit, and limited members who receive less income and profit, just like a limited partnership.
Save money and legal fees by doing it yourself. You can be the resident agent for your own company if you are a resident of the state where it is organized. This enables you to save on annual resident agent fees.
This is an Interactive Form. You will be able to access the form by clicking on the link in the email that is sent to you immediately after purchase. You will then complete an easy-to-use on-line questionnaire and generate a state-specific legal form that fits your circumstances. You can take as long as you need and access the questionnaire as many times as necessary.
This product includes:
- 100% SmartLegalForms Guarantee
- Ability to print your legal form instantly after document assembly
- Step-by-step instructions, in addition to your assembled form, to help you file or execute your documents correctly
- Ability to edit your legal form at any time
- Automated checks of your data entries
- Help screens to help you answer every question correctly
- The ability to purchase legal advice from our network of virtual law firms for a modest fee
- Free legal information and technical assistance by email or telephone
Web Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher | Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Safari 6.0 and earlier | Android Standard Browser